Friday, June 25, 2010

Our big boy

Fisher is doing great! He had his 6 month check up the other day - and he is off the charts big. The doc measured and weighed him, and when she went to look up what percentile he was in for size - he was literally off the chart. Bigger than 100% of other babies his age! Yikes :-)


He is sitting up by himself quite well (with only the occasional face plant into the carpet). He has definitely found his voice, as he loves to vocalize at people. He is just on the cusp of crawling. Can't wait for that!

I love how he is already starting to look like a little boy. He has my dad's eyes and nose - and the little smile he has in this photo really reminds me of his granny Sue.

Recently, at the grocery store, a sweet old man came up to Fisher and I. He told me that I had a very handsome and distinguished looking baby, and that he looked like a boy who was going to go on to do great things in his life. Isn't that the most wonderful thing a mother could hear? I'll never forget it.


^ A scene I'm sure will repeated for years to come. Ye olde pulling of sister's hair ^

Trying Sissy's (Evangeline's) shoes on for size. Won't be long before he's sporting size 14s like his daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I can see the Uncle Frank and Aunt "Granny" Sue connection in Fisher sweet little face. It's fun to see those family resemblances. wc