We did sign language with Evangeline when she was a toddler, and it was so fun. She seemed comforted by the fact that she could communicate with us (and we understood her). So, from the day Fisher was born, I've been signing to him. Just a few signs for now. When I laid him down to nurse, I would say the words, and do the signs for "mama" & "milk". I do it every time he nurses, and try to do the "mama" sign every time I say the word.
A few weeks ago, as he was being put into position to nurse, I saw him attempting the sign for milk. He would do it now and again. Then, the other day, I was leaning over him baby talking, and he did the sign for mama! It was so neat. We're working on as few more signs now. Eat, more, all done - by the time he turns one, he should have quite the signing vocabulary!
1 comment:
That's so cool. He'll soon have a larger signing vocabulary than I!
Post a Comment