Sunday, October 18, 2009

On the lookout


... for a little more time.

So - We have 10 weeks to go until our bundle of blue arrives. Ten weeks. Sounds like plenty of time ... except when you consider... In the next 10 weeks we have:

*2 birthday parties (one of which we are having for the little one who is turning 5 ... gasp)
*3 playdates
*3 major holidays (one of which we are hosting)
*A Fall festival
*A Halloween party
*A hospital tour (that we will hopefully get to before I give birth!)
*Countless school meetings, coffee chats etc, that I have to attend.

Well, things could be worse, because I actually want to do all of those things! But I must say, "10 weeks" makes me nervous when doctors keep throwing phrases at me like:

*Baby is approx 2 weeks bigger than he should be
*Possible pre-term labor
*Possible breech baby
*Possible C-section
*Yikes!

Don't they realize that I am a planner ... and I can't plan with all of those "possibles" floating around! So, I'm taking control of what I can. I've already begun to pack my hospital bag. The nursery is complete. Baby clothes, booties, hats, and blankets are folded in their drawers. Diapers await.

For now, I'm just taking life a week at a time. On this week's agenda:

*Philip's birthday party
*Parent teacher conference
*Playdate with John
*Take Evangeline to the doctor
*Clean house for company
*Grocery shop for party
*Make cupcakes for E's school school birthday party
*Buy birthday present for E (can't forget that one)
*Have most magical birthday tea party ever

Can you tell that I love to make a list? Off to start my day ...

1 comment:

Marty said...

I have no doubt that you will get everything done that you need to. I just hope you get the rest you need in between.
So Fisher is going to be a big guy, eh? At least he won't be like that 19 pounder I read about.
Take care of you.
Love ya'
M